How to download papers
A full list of papers is on our papers page.
Most of these papers are available for viewing online and downloading subject to the terms and conditions below. They are all in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format; if you do not have Acrobat Reader you can obtain it for free. (If you have problems, email our webmaster.)
These papers are available as follows:
1) SCL Full and Overseas Members
You may view/download these papers free. If you are logged in, on the detailed view page for any paper, you will see a link at the very bottom (just above the 'Add to Cart' button) to download the paper. If you do not see this it is because you have not logged in yet. Simply log in to the website via the log in block on the left. If you have forgotten your password, you can request this information be emailed to you.
2) Those studying or teaching in academic institutions
Academic access to papers will only be granted when an academic email address is provided. You must first register on this website. After registering, go to your 'Account' page (button in top bar) and follow the link in the right column block to request academic access. Once an administrator has reviewed your request, you will receive an email notifying you that you can now download papers for free. Once approved for academic access, and logged into the site, you may view/download these papers free: on the detailed view page for any paper, you will see a link at the very bottom (just above the 'Add to Cart' button) to download the paper.
3) Those not entitled to free downloads
You can purchase individual papers in PDF format for £3.00 per paper. A link to purchase a paper is shown for each paper which is available as a download - you will see this 'Add to Cart' button at the bottom of the full view page for a paper. Add to your cart all the papers you wish to buy, go to 'checkout' (link it top bar) and follow the instructions to pay. When you have done this, you will immediately be given a link on screen to download the file(s) you have purchased. If for any reason you have difficulty in accessing them, you can go to your 'Account' and click on the Files tab where you can download the files you have purchased.
Terms and conditions for downloading
In accessing or downloading any online material, you are deemed to agree that:
- you will access/download papers for your own personal use only and (if applicable) will not divulge your password to any other person;
- you note that copyright in the papers is held by the author/the author and the Society of Construction Law jointly;
- you give an irrevocable indemnity for yourself (and any person to whom you pass the material) to SCL against any loss or damage that it might suffer or that might be claimed against it consequent upon, or in any way related to, the use or non use of the material.